Release notes version 22.214.171.124
This release contains new features and bug fixes.
Read the blog post about the new updates here.
There are no prerequisites for this release.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release can be installed in the following environment:
- Office 365 tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Note: As the Modern SharePoint Experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint Experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
New features modern
- Autorefresh feature added to Modern Noticeboard. The list of news items will be updated every 10 minutes as default. The autorefresh can be disabled in the webpart properties by setting the refresh interval to 0. Also, a refresh icon has been added to the top row of the webpart.
- Noticeboard comments can now be edited, and it is possible to add an image to the comment.
- Added icons for SharePoint, Teams and Groups depending on where the workspace navigates to.
- Made it possible for the editor to hide the new icons, the favorite star and the folding metadata (the accordion function).
- Mark as favorite also available from the context menu
- Updated UI for the metadata tab in teams.
- Added functionality to choose a maximum number of related items you want to show for related people, documents and pages.
- A new admin module for security settings. To follow new standards for content sanitization, this release includes a new module for security settings that allows admins to choose between three levels for sanitization – 1, 2, and 3 – of the content end users and editors create in Wizdom’s webparts in SharePoint.
- Now it is possible to enable/disable timerjobs and make them run in specific time of the day in the Admin portal.
- Optimized client side performance of modern webparts when navigating between pages and modern site collections without refreshing the browser.
- A list of modern sitecollections has been added just next to the list of classic site collections. The list of of modern site collections has a remove button which unregister the modern site collection from the Wizdom database so you can apply another site type but it doesnot uninstall Wizdom components from the site collection and doesnot delete the site collection.
- In order to make it easier to call Wizdom API endpoints from external sources, a new feature toggle has been added, that when enabled automatically switches to the correct authentication provider based on the presence of a JWT bearer token. If this feature toggle is not enabled, this only happens with the presence of the x-wizdom-rest http header. (not sure whether we need to write about it) New feature toggle: AutoSelectContextFactoryByAuthHeader=true/false
- In order to support a specific scenario where external user accounts are not correctly marked with #ext# as part of the loginname, a new feature toggle has been added along with a configuration parameter, that will allow the configuration of an internal users domain whitelist. All users loginnames that does not end with a domain in the whitelist, will be considered as an external user, when this feature toggle and configuration has been set. New feature toggle: UseInternalUsersDomainWhitelist=true/false New app setting: InternalUsersDomainWhitelist=domain1.com;domain2.com;domain3.com
- Added better handling of very long news titles. (modern)
- Fixed issue when using the Wizdom Mobile App backend to manually send a mobile push notification for a Corporate News url to the Wizdom Mobile App from OnPrem installations.
- Improved responsiveness when editing webpart properties in Noticeboard Cards template. (modern)
- Modern Noticeboard rich text editor now have a better theme color support. (modern)
- Fixed a bug where some RSS feed noticeboard channels didn’t get images correctly.
- In the Rich Text Editor when you press the enter key, the editor now inserts br tags instead of p tags. This affects both Wizdom Modern and Wizdom Classic.
- Search feature has been added to Modern Noticeboard template called “Compact”.
- Modern Noticeboard Video posts did not show the assigned video image. (modern)
- Fixed bug in noticeboard/social, where the personal cache for likes are not being cleared correctly
- Show author image” doesn’t save correctly (modern)
- Disabling/enabling Power Panel now works as intended
- Support for multiple Power Panel configurations should now work correctly on Classic pages
- Added title attribute to Power Panel icons in classic
- Added support for scrolling in Power Panel on classic.
- Fixed issue with Service Menu links in Power Panel not displaying images in Chrome browser
- Implemented aria-haspopup on Mega Menu templates to simulate hover on touch-enabled devices in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed issue with deleting translations in menu items in the mega menu.
- Fixed custom modern templates for Department staff (Compact & Full) not working
- Adjusted regex expression to better detect phone numbers and thereby avoid breaking the search query.
- It is now possible on modern to add AD groups when using the “Select people manually” like you can on classic.
- It should no longer be possible to add multiple principals to fields where only one is allowed by using the Undo removal function.
- Fixes a bug in non-English workspaces where the Document webpart was not added to the default page.
- Fixes a bug where Workspace collaboration template did not prefill the Quick links webpart with links.
- Fixed a problem where the Workspace overview webpart did not supports multiple predefined role filters in the webpart properties together with a role filter during search.
- Resolved issue with Two Columns and Rotator templates did not work with Caml query setting.
- Timeline duplicate news resolved if displayed number of news is greater than actual number of news available.
- Timeline template does no longer crash if the news item has no image or if Microsoft thumbnail service fails.
Policy and procedures
- Policy and Procedures home page is no longer included in the policy index web part. (modern).
- Fix for date format in PageVersions dropdown on Policies and Procedures pages
- Filtering on JobTitle now works as expected. (modern)
- You are now able to search using filters with no input in search box. (modern)
Fixed issue with FAQ displaying the uncategorized category and other categories when they were empty (it will still display it when in edit mode for editorial purposes) (modern)